- Associations & Organizations
The vision of Volunteer Cowichan is that the diverse communities living in the Cowichan Valley will connect and cooperate to create valuable social capital for future generations.
- provide a means for the encouragement of voluntary citizenship participation in health, welfare, recreation, education, cultural and civic programs.
- provide a central unit for recruitments, registration, training and placement of volunteers in such programs
- encourage community services to use volunteers and to maintain high standards in their use of volunteers
- assist in the creation of projects to meet community needs and interests which can utilize volunteers
- provide a Community Information Service
- relieve conditions associated with aging by providing housekeeping, shopping assistance, yard maintenance, downsizing assistance and transportation to non-medical appointments to individuals affected by these conditions
- promote public participation with volunteer and community organizations with an aim to foster good citizenship and encourage healthy communities.
Our Definition of Volunteering
Volunteering is a fundamental building block of civil society. It brings to life the noblest aspirations of humankind – the pursuit of peace, freedom, opportunity, safety, and justice for all people.